I need to know what to work on, then make sure I have the software required, come up with an idea or two and start building it.
A) What do I need to work on? There's a bunch of skills I'd like to hone and demonstrate on my out of date portfolio.
- Physically based materials. I know these inside out but I don't really have any portfolio pieces that demonstrate them.
- Hard surface modelling. Some good old sci-fi corridor, gun, armour or machine would do the trick
- Sculpting. It's been a while since I used Z-Brush, would be good to get some sculpted surfaces in a scene.
- Substance Designer. I haven't had a chance to use this yet but I know it's power. Looking forward to this for some tiling materials!
- Substance Painter. I want to use this so bad. Just need some props to work on.
- Unreal. I want to learn blueprints and lighting set-up in Unreal as it's awesome.
- Unreal 4 for rendering (might try Marmoset too)
- 3DS Max 2016 for hard surface
- Z-Brush for da sculptz
- Substance Designer and Painter
- Photoshop for paintovers and for whatever I can't do in Substance yet - work copy
- x-normal/Knald for baking