Thursday 31 July 2008

Catch Up Painting


So I have started the painting at last. At the moment my painting style is somewhat a copy of uncle Joby but he gave me the go ahead so I think it's cool. It's not like I'm going to sell this stuff anyway. It's really fun doing the whole process. For me now it's like magic, I'm learning so many new things about painting I hadn't thought existed. Like glazes and priming, sanding, thinners, thickeners, etc.

I guess you think I really don't know anything about painting and I'd say yes. You're absolutely correct.

I'm also going to go to the Accademia di Bellle Arti in November if I can. It's a university degree course in Painting. It's pretty prestigious and you don't have to do any written exams, just oral exams and they teach you Italian for free. It costs less than 800 Euro per year and you get a studio space and subsidised material costs. It lasts 3 years. What do you think? Also they are not strict on punctuality here in Italy so you don't even have to attend classes if you don't want to. You just have to read the books and hand in projects. I think it's also a good way to meet people involved in the art scene in Italy.

That's all..

No comments:

Post a Comment